Luxury Hotels/Lodges in Masai Mara National Reserve
What is a luxury hotel/lodge?
Luxury Hotels/lodges are considered to be a hotel that provides a luxurious accommodation experience to the guest. There are no set standards (such as stars) for luxury hotels. Often 4 or 5-star hotels describe themselves as ‘luxury’. This also means that any accommodation type can use the term ‘luxury’ including boutique hotels and resorts.
What are the characteristics of a luxury hotel?
- Outstanding hotel dining: great breakfast (quality and quantity wise), Michelin-starred restaurants, 24 hours room service
- Guest activities and amenities. High-end spa treatments, pool, 24-hour fitness center, laundry service, unpacking and also packing service. There is babysitting, pet sitting, dog-walking, personal trainer referrals, a concierge who knows more than Google.
- Uber exclusive designer interiors, haute couture styling with fabulous artsy features and a state-of-the-art technology.
- Luxury room features: High-quality furnishings with opulent, expensive touches, attention to aesthetic detail, a quiet room with fresh air. There is original art on the walls, windows that open, robes and slippers, adequate storage, hangers, desk, reading chair, safe, good-size flat-screen TV, iPhone/iPod dock, coffee maker, full-length mirror, effective heating/AC system…and of course a King bed size with a good mattress, high-quality sheets and a variety of pillow types (or a pillow menu)!
- Luxury bathrooms: Tub for two, his-and-hers sinks, sufficient counter space, good water pressure, prestige or artisan toiletries. There is also plenty of fluffy, high-quality towels, makeup mirror that lights, enough racks or hooks, bidet (or a TOTO-toilet), ventilation
- Allow an easy, simple and intelligent planning, booking process, Fast, easy, discreet Checking & Checkout
- The room offered is exactly what a guest requires (in terms of category, classification, physical location in the hotel, bed size…)
- Amazing service: Guests should get the feeling that they know and value them. Your staff should know them by name, be friendly (smiling!) and respectful. Housekeeping and gardeners should be quiet and not interfere with a guest’s enjoyment of the property. Maintenance personnel should appear at guests room within minutes etc.
Therefore I conclude this article by saying all luxury hotels/lodges in Masai Mara National Reserve are worth the money.