1-day Mabamba excursion tour brings you close to the rare Shoebills, Africa’s endemic and highly endangered bird species that live only in marshy places. Uganda’s most sought-after bird
You are expected to have an early morning landing or to be in Kampala/Entebbe-Uganda a day before.
Mabamba swamp is a Ramsar site and Important Bird Area (IBA). The wetland hosts over 300 bird species that include many globally threatened species, 7 of Uganda’s 12 Lake Victoria biome restricted species (notable is the Papyrus Gonolek).
Day 1. Pick up and transfer to Mabamba
You will be picked up at Entebbe International Airport on your day of arrival or at your hotel in Kampala and then transfer to Mabamba wetland swamp.
Mabamba Swamp is located at the shores of Lake Victoria. If you are lucky we might make some interesting sightings of birds along the way. When reaching Mabamba swamp, the guide will brief you then get into a boat known as the canoe. Here, you will search for birdlife species like the Rare Shoebill stork, lesser Jacana, African pygmy-goose, whistling ducks if it’s the right season the blue swallow, blue breasted bee-eater, Papyrus gonolek plus many more aquatic birds of Uganda. Hopefully, you can finish the experience off by having made a sighting of the Great shoebill stork. We shall drive back to Entebbe for lunch and thereafter drop you at the airport or your booked hotel in Kampala hence the end of 1-day Mabamba excursion tour.
End of trip
- Canoe ride fees
- All activities (Unless labeled as optional)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation (Unless labeled as optional)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Round-trip airport transfer
- Meals (lunch)
- Drinking water
- International flights (From/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips (Tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items (Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc)
- The government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees